Description of Services
We provide clients of EMI Research Solutions with survey data. Our clients may develop and conduct market research or other similar questionnaires or surveys. We work with 3rd party sample providers to give their members access to clients’ survey. We work with sample providers that are GDPR compliant.
Scope of this Policy
If you have questions regarding a client’s processing of your personal data or to exercise your rights in any personal data controller by our client, contact us. We will cooperate with our clients to assist you in the exercise of the rights you may have under applicable law in respect of personal data we may control. If you have any requests or inquiries specifically directed towards EMI Research Solutions, please contact us.
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of personal data through the offerings:
You may submit various types of personal data into the EMI Research Solutions services when you complete a survey. survey data may include any information requested in a survey, including personal data relating to your individual, your preferences, your responses to questions, or other information you may choose to provide. Profile data and survey selection data may include “special categories of personal data” or other sensitive information as defined under applicable law.
Note: Users may choose not to provide certain survey data. If you do not wish to provide this data, do not submit the survey or answer any questions that request personal data. You may not receive compensation or credit for completion if you do not provide all information required by a survey. If you would like to remove any information you provided via a survey, contact us and we will remove it.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising and content to you. Our partner may place or recognize a cookie on your computer or device and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us, such as your email address. Our partners may link the personal information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device, and they may collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information. Our partners use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. For example, our partners may deliver and/or enable downstream delivery of an ad to you in your web browser based on a purchase you made in a physical retail store, or they may send a personalized marketing email to you based on the fact that you visited a particular website.
- For Internet Explorer, click here
- For Mozilla Firefox, click here
- For Google Chrome, click here
- For Safari, click here
With Whom Do You Share My Information?
Personal data we collect may be disclosed to a variety of parties, depending upon the purpose for which the information was provided and the context in which it was provided. The following describes how we may share the personal data we receive through our services.
Pursuant to our contract with the client, we may share survey data with the client who requested that we host the survey. In some circumstances, we may share personal data with commercial data suppliers so that we can obtain additional information relevant to a survey, to better validate your survey responses, so that we may share additional aggregated data with our clients, or for other business purposes. Any survey selection data and survey data may be shared with clients for the purpose of survey validation, except that this data will be identified by a randomly-generated ID number, and we will not share your name or other registration data with clients – the only data we may provide is digital fingerprinting device information.
How Is My Personal Data Protected?
We implement and regularly review various physical, procedural and technological safeguards that we believe will keep your personal data secure.
How Long Do You Retain My Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
The services are not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 and EMI Research Solutions does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from children under the age of 13. EMI Research Solutions reserves the right to refuse the collection of information from minors for any reason.
Additional Information for European Union Users
In connection with the EMI Research Solutions services, EMI Research Solutions is the controller of your personal data for purposes of European data protection legislation. We are a processor in connection with the client services. See the end of this policy document for further contact details.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal data. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal data that we hold, to the extent required by law, you have the following rights:
- Access: Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Delete: Delete your personal data, (Note: survey data provided to clients may not be eligible for deletion due to such data being provided on the basis of contract).
You can submit these requests by email to Privacy@emi-rs.com or our postal address provided at the end of the policy. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why – subject to legal restrictions.
EMI Research Solutions
8280 Montgomery Road, Suite 200
Cincinnati, OH 45236
About This Website
This site uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a piece of software that grabs data about this site’s visitors (you). It’s something like an advanced server log. Google Analytics records: What website you came from to get here. How long you stay for. What kind of computer you’re using. And quite a bit more.
The tracking information allows us to better understand the kind of people who come to this site and what content they’re reading. This allows us to make better decisions about design and content.
Occasionally, we will compile aggregate statistics about the number of visitors this site receives and browsers being used. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting.
All of our activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
You can opt out of Google’s advertising tracking cookie (http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html) or use a browser plugin to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking software (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
CCPA Rights & Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California resident) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that EMI Research Solutions disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two seperate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that EMI Research Solutions delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an execption applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 ).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at +1 866-511-5713
- Sending a letter to us at EMI Research Solutions, 8280 Montgomery Rd, Ste. 200, Cincinnati, OH 45236
- Email us at email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verfy you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Reponse Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate agains you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
To request to be removed from our database, click here.