As a leading online sample and market research consultancy, EMI enables hundreds of leading market research firms, agencies, and global brands to make better business decisions. Since 1999, we have delivered high-quality respondents for online quantitative research, while also offering survey programming, hosting, translation, and data processing.
EMI is proud to employ incredibly talented and driven individuals and we are committed to maintaining our culture where every person is treated as an invaluable part of our team. Are you a high-energy, goal-oriented professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Join the EMI team to put those skills to use!
Associate Director, Business Development
As a global leader in online and mobile research, EMI enables hundreds of leading market research firms, advertising agencies, and global companies across all industries and specialties to make better business decisions. Since 1999, we have delivered high-quality respondents for online quantitative and qualitative research, while also offering survey programming, hosting, translation, and data processing.
EMI is proud to employ highly talented and driven individuals and we are committed to maintaining our culture where every person is treated as an invaluable part of our team. Are you a high energy, goal-oriented sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Join the EMI team to put those skills to use!
About the Position:
EMI is seeking a driven Associate Director, Business Development to focus on and improve EMI’s annual growth. This individual will focus on delivering both new and scalable clients while also continuing to negotiate with high touch clients for increased market share. An Associate Director, Business Development is motivated by and takes pride in closing and starting business with the next future top client at EMI. An Associate Director enjoys consulting with and exceeding the needs of a variety of companies through insights and research to build a program to scale continued growth. An Associate Director sees high value in selling and is motivated to meet with as many prospects and/or clients as needed to negotiate further opportunities.
Position Location: Corporate HQ – 8280 Montgomery Rd. Suite 200, 45236 or Remote (US-Based Only)
- Exceed assigned revenue goals comprised of a mix of new client and growth high touch client revenue.
- Able to take a consultative approach to effectively probe and qualify needs to determine best-selling strategy for overall client/prospect program and individual project consultations.
- Extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of EMI’s value propositions including IntelliBlend, Research-on-Research (ROR), Connector and the EMI Panel Network and can tailor custom presentations to an audience’s need.
- Exceed weekly and monthly goals for conducting virtual or face-to-face presentations.
- Travel 30% (when deemed safe) or more of the time to conduct in person meetings with strategic accounts.
- Represent EMI at market research conferences and identify key prospects at each event.
- Build a sustainable prospect pipeline by balancing time spent targeting and qualifying a variety of retainable new client types.
- Grow assigned growth high touch clients that require additional face-to-face support, negotiation for additional opportunities and accelerate growth by actively selling each submitted proposal.
- Responsible for setting expectations and initiating handoff process to account manager when new client achieves eligibility for transfer.
- Adept at following guidelines in travel policy and able to manage administrative travel tasks
- Assist marketing by providing feedback for the creation of marketing materials to assist the sales department.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years industry experience (business, marketing, or finance preferred)
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to consult and convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and focused manner
- Focused attention to detail and organization
- High levels of persistence and determination
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to solve problems with analytics and critical thinking
- Highly self-motivated
Sound like you? Send your resume to [email protected].
As a global leader in online and mobile research, EMI enables hundreds of leading market research firms, advertising agencies, and global companies across all industries and specialties to make better business decisions. Since 1999, we have delivered high quality respondents for online quantitative and qualitative research, while also offering survey programming, hosting, translation, and data processing.
About the Position:
This is a great position for anyone that is passionate about data, research-on-research, and learning about new products and capabilities by delivering internal and external industry insights while supporting industry thought-leaders.
Position Location: Corporate HQ – 8280 Montgomery Rd. Suite 200, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Work with the Insights team to lead the industry-leaders of marketing research online sampling. You will support both internal and external clients.
- Design and execute research on research fieldwork, analysis, visualization, and internal updates
- Design, manage and analyze ongoing internal research on our partner network (research on research)
- Design custom research and update current products (IntelliBlend) and support new products to meet industry and client needs
- Sample consistency – work with operations to track and manage current blends and ensure best practices are followed
- Work with marketing and sales to help create sales decks for research on research, data quality, and other topics
- Work with VP of Insights to improve data visualization
- Support VP of Insights by providing sample advice and consulting for:
- Ideal blends
- Ideal base sizes
- Partner identification such as new partners that should be tested or assisting in obscure lesser-used partners
- How to replace a partner and/or complementing a partner
- Screener and questionnaire design
- Best practices
- Data quality advice and analysis
- Other topics such as LOI, incentives, and other marketing research topics
- Tracking study expertise
- How to design
- Ideal blend options and adjustments
- Partner replacements
- Work with data quality council and partner network
- Identify and prioritize internal quality efforts
- Analyze data quality data
- Business metrics
- Competitive intelligence
- Consult with external clients on research design, methodology, data quality, and analysis
- Design, Execute, analyze, and present NPS & CX surveys and results
- Drive sales via internal and external consulting
- Train new employees on IntelliBlend and ROR. Be a resource for onboarding new team members.
- Support external committees where possible
- Analytic skills – multiple statistics classes and relevant experience utilizing data – work in Excel, R, Power BI, and/or Tableau
- Data Visualization
- Experience working across multiple marketing research methodologies with a focus on online quantitative
- Strong written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization of tasks
- Ideal software and platforms with a background in:
Interested? Send your resume to [email protected].