As a leading online sample and market research consultancy, EMI enables hundreds of leading market research firms, agencies, and global brands to make better business decisions. Since 1999, we have delivered high-quality respondents for online quantitative research, while also offering survey programming, hosting, translation, and data processing.
EMI is proud to employ incredibly talented and driven individuals and we are committed to maintaining our culture where every person is treated as an invaluable part of our team. Are you a high-energy, goal-oriented professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Join the EMI team to put those skills to use!
Director, Business Development
As a global leader in online and mobile research, EMI enables hundreds of leading market research firms, advertising agencies, and global companies across all industries and specialties to make better business decisions. Since 1999, we have delivered high-quality respondents for online quantitative and qualitative research, while also offering survey programming, hosting, translation, and data processing.
EMI is proud to employ highly talented and driven individuals and we are committed to maintaining our culture where every person is treated as an invaluable part of our team. Are you a high-energy, goal-oriented sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Join the EMI team to put those skills to use!
About the Position:
EMI is seeking a driven Director, Business Development to focus on and improve EMI’s annual growth. This individual will focus on delivering both new and scalable clients while also continuing to negotiate with high-touch clients for increased market share. A Director, Business Development is motivated by and takes pride in closing and starting business with the next future top client at EMI. A Director enjoys consulting with and exceeding the needs of a variety of companies through insights and research to build a program to scale continued growth. A Director sees high value in selling and is motivated to meet with as many prospects and/or clients as needed to negotiate further opportunities.
Position Location: Corporate HQ – 8280 Montgomery Rd. Suite 200, 45236
- Exceed assigned revenue goals comprised of a mix of new clients and growth high-touch client revenue.
- Able to take a consultative approach to effectively probe and qualify needs to determine the best selling strategy for overall client/prospect program and individual project consultations.
- Extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of EMI’s value propositions including strategic sample blending, IntelliBlend, Research-on-Research (ROR), Connector, SWIFT, and the EMI Panel Network, and can tailor custom presentations to an audience’s need.
- Exceed weekly and monthly goals for conducting virtual or face-to-face presentations.
- Travel 30% or more of the time to conduct in-person meetings with strategic accounts.
- Represent EMI at market research conferences and identify key prospects at each event.
- Build a sustainable prospect pipeline by balancing time spent targeting and qualifying a variety of retainable new client types.
- Grow assigned growth high-touch clients that require additional face-to-face support, negotiate for additional opportunities, and accelerate growth by actively selling each submitted proposal.
- Responsible for setting expectations and initiating the handoff process to an account manager when a new client achieves eligibility for transfer.
- Adept at following guidelines in travel policy and able to manage administrative travel tasks
- Assist marketing by providing feedback for the creation of marketing materials to assist the sales department.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years of market research industry experience (online sample preferred)
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to consult and convey information to internal and external customers in a clear and focused manner
- Focused attention to detail and organization
- High levels of persistence and determination
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Ability to solve problems with analytics and critical thinking
- Highly self-motivated
Sound like you? Send your resume to [email protected].