EMI’s priority is delivering the highest quality respondents available to meet our clients’ needs.
To help ensure this quality of respondents, we recommend the following:
- The most important way to increase the quality in responses is to improve the quality of questionnaires.
- Spend extra time in developing and reviewing the screener.
- Engage your sample partner.
- Spot check data while in field to identify issues or leave time to replace any respondents while still in field rather than after close.
- If a high percentage of respondents fail a question, it may indicate an issue with the question or the programing.
- Use multiple quality failures before removing a respondent. A combination of poor open ends, speeding, straight-lining, and incorrect answers to trap questions can help determine respondent quality.
- There is data that suggest poor quality respondents do not affect data quality. We recommend identifying poor respondents and working closely with your sample partners to evaluate the impact on your research.
A few tips to thwart fraudulent respondents in B2B research:
- A strong survey-specific screener is the most important way to reduce fraud.
- Include “test” questions to ensure the respondents are who they say they are.
- Logic checks can be very effective.
- Examine open-ends for quality and relevancy.
Together we can work to improve research and engage our most valuable resource, the respondents. EMI is here to help you determine the best quality sample for your study needs.